This guide is prepared to explain legal process of property investment in Turkey for the foreigners who want to invest in Turkey. In this page, general information is provided for foreigners who want to invest to know the legal process and complete their investment without any problems. The legal process of property investment in Turkey can be shaped and changed according to the condition of the person who want to invest.
To learn the process required to make investments in Turkey in detail, contact us now! Our lawyers and expert sales team working within Rodi Investment assist you to complete the investment process easily and quickly!
1. Legal process of property investment in Turkey “Basis of the Investments“
Legal Basis of the Investments in Turkey is changed in 2012. In accordance with the Article 35 of the Land Registry Law No. 2644, amended by Law No. 6302, which entered into force on 18 May 2012, foreigners can buy house, commercial unit or land in Turkey. However, there are some restrictions that foreigners should know about the property investment in Turkey. The existing legal restrictions are as follows:
a) Foreigners who want to invest in Turkey, can buy maximum 30 hectares of property in Turkey in total.
b) Military forbidden zones and security zones cannot acquired or rented by the Foreigners.
c) Foreigners who want to invest in Turkey, can acquire real estate in a district up to 10 % of the total area of the subject district.
d) The real estates, commercial units or lands are subject to winding up provisions in following cases:
(i) if The real estates, commercial units or lands are acquired in violation of laws;
(ii) if the person who buys the property does not apply to the relevant administration or Ministry within time in case the property is acquired with a project commitment;
(iii) if the project is not finished in time.
2. Contracts for the Investment Process
Contracts for the Investment Processvary depending on which investment you make. Foreigners who want to buy property in Turkey are signing a “sales commitment contract” with the project administration. However, this contract is not an official document that you own the property.
When you buy a house, commercial unit or land in Turkey, you have to receive a document that you own the property. The purchase process cannot be completed without the title deed “TAPU” document. For this reason, the person who buy the property should apply to Directorate of Land Registry for the title deed.
All documents and processes during the title deed transactions are managed by our expert team. With Rodi Investment, you can quickly get your title deed document and complete the purchase process. Please contact to get consultancy service during the investment process!
3. Documents for Title Deed “Tapu” in Turkey
To get the title deed Tapu in Turkey of the property, you need to go to the Directorate of Land Registry and prepare the documents below. Please note that these documents are general documents. Additional documents may be requested depending on the person who buy the property. In this case, our team will assist you through the whole legal process of property investment in Turkey.
- The property information (block, location, floor number, flat number, gross area, net area, town/district etc. )
- Identity Card or Passport Document (Translated into Turkish Language by a certified translator)
- “Property Value Statement Document” approved by the municipality to which the property you will purchase depends.
- Compulsory earthquake insurance document from Turkish Catastrophe Insurance Pool (TCIP) for the buildings.
- The seller’s 1 photo, The buyer’s 2 photo (taken within the last 6 months, 6×4 size)
- A certified translator and witness (If the person cannot speak Turkish)
- The power of attorney document and its translation by a certified translator (it has to be issued by the Turkish Consulates.