The Green Building concept is one of the real estate trends in the 21st century. Green Building is the name of the structures or buildings that are environmentally responsible. The aim is reducing or eliminating negative effects on nature, having positive effects on the climate and natural environment from planning the design of buildings to demolition.
Environmental Impact Of Buildings Constructed With General Standards
The environmental impact of buildings constructed according to general standards is extremely negative. Buildings constructed with general standards consume:
- 70 percent of energy and materials,
- 17 percent of the water
- 25 percent of forests and,
- They also cause 33 percent of carbon dioxide emissions.
What is Green Building and its Environmental Impacts ?
The Green Building concept has been developed to reduce these environmental impacts, so that construction companies can use energy, water, forests and other materials more wisely.
In order to raise awareness of environmental impacts of the buildings, The Turkish Green Building Council coordinates lectures and conferences. There are a number of criteria to make a building green.
- Buildings should be designed according to changing environmental conditions.
- Constructors should use the energy, water and other resources wisely,
- Constructors should use renewable energy sources such as solar and wind energy,
- Constructors should use recycling to prevent pollution and waste,
- Constructors should use non-toxic and sustainable building materials
Any building can be a green building if they provide these conditions. Today, a lot of work is being done to turn schools, factories, hospitals and other buildings into green buildings. Investors continue to raise awareness on issues such as global warming, climate change, drought, environmental pollution and the rapid consumption of natural resources by designing green buildings.
Keep following our FAQ Page to increase your knowledge with us: Click Here